This weekend sees the arrival of America Recycles Day! This day is a great reminder for all of to take stock of how much we contribute to landfills versus how much we reuse and recycle. We invite you to find out more about your own usage as well as the recycling opportunities in your community this weekend. What’s more is you can take the National Recycling Coalition Pledge:
– I pledge to find out what materials I can and cannot recycle in my community;
– I pledge to lead by example in my neighborhood by recycling;
– I pledge to recycle batteries, cell phones and other electronic waste.
– I pledge to email my elected officials to ask them to increase funding for my community’s recycling programs.
– I pledge to tell five friends that recycling is the easiest thing they can do to slow global warming.
Keep it green out there everyone!